View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #138
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Welcome Back Devin. I was always a fan. His only problem here was his durability. His penchant from throwing his body wildly into the lane cost him many games, yet he remained fearless.

I will always remember the last time I saw him in person. He had come to my company for a meeting. He was on crutches...not sure who was driving the Ferrari he left parked in the drive. I told him how much we needed him back...the next week he was headed for Jersey in the Kidd swap.

Without him running Tony Parker ragged, we would have never made it to the Finals the 1st time. I'd love to see him get another shot at Miami.

Nobody could stop Devin from going to the hoop in those days except David Stern. I'll never forget that first game in Miami. On Devin's first drive to the hoop Shaq knocked him down with the full force of his body and no foul was called. He was able to do that to Devin the rest of that series. Yes it's sour grapes but I still believe that the Stern bias against Cuban doomed that team.

I was pleased that the Mavs got some redemption in the title year but the franchise should have two NBA titles.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote