View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #83
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I don't see how we'd be able to get even Gortat without sending Larkin. We don't currently have the ability to trade first-round picks, and there's basically no incentive for the Suns to trade Gortat without getting pretty solid picks/prospects in return.

And I think we can totally forget about Cousins with the new ownership in place in Sacramento.
I don't doubt the new Sac ownership will operate differently than the old Sac ownership, but I don't see how the change takes Cousins off the table. The ticking clock on his rookie contract should be more than sufficient to motivate them to keep an open mind about what to do with him.

Gortat...I though he made sense this summer as a target, but at this point I think you can draw a parallel between his situation and Calderon's last year, at least with respect to the Mavs' interest in him: Dallas would almost certainly take him, but as long as they're on track to have cap space and he's on track to be a UFA, there really isn't much of a reason that I can see for them to offer much for him. Phoenix, to my mind, has more incentive to be a seller than the Mavs have to be a buyer, given how questionable it appears to be right now that he'd want to re-sign with them.