View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #85
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
The new Kings owner loves DMC. Says he's going to build around him and consulted him/used him as a recruiter/etc during free agency this summer.
Admittedly, I haven't been following things there closely, but as a general rule I think it's naive to put much stock in that kind of thing at this stage. Their front office has every reason in the world to be putting out those kinds of signals, and as a consequence the signals are almost completely uninformative.

Quote:
Plus, as I mentioned, we don't have any real assets to offer a young, rebuilding team.
Remains to be seen what assets Dallas will have, and what teams those assets might be appealing to. As of right now there's plausible interest on Dallas' part, plausible motivation to deal on Sac's part, and the potential for some of Dallas' players to play up their value on the trade market through the first half of the season. Completely discounting the possibility of something happening there just doesn't make any sense to me at this stage.

Quote:
If I was the Suns, I'd rather hang onto Gortat and try to re-sign him as opposed to trading him for Larkin and/or some pretty lame assets (like we have to offer).
I'll reference my comment above regarding Dallas' assets. Beyond that, I don't disagree that the Suns would probably rather wait it out than take what Dallas would offer, but again, a big part of the reason that I think that is that I don't think Dallas would offer much.