View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #88
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc9211 View Post
What if Cousins just doesn't want to play for the Kings anymore? He's giving hints and with his attitude we know he would much rather be with a winning franchise. Now don't get me wrong I agree we don't have the assets, but SAC may fear after his contract he leaves for nothing in return. Now with the new owner I also have not kept up with there relationship so he may love SAC now, who knows.
Only way that would happen without SAC having a say in it would be if he took his qualifying offer a year from now and played the 14-15 season for that amount. Then, if he left the Kings, he'd lose the chance to get a 5-year deal AND his bird rights raises. All of that to get out of Sacramento? That's a lot of sacrifice and risk. Our best/only shot at getting him before next season would be to throw a max offer at him next summer and hope that the Kings won't match. But unless something dramatically changes, I think they're going to commit to him as their long-term building block. Whether that's smart or not is another issue altogether.

I'd love to trade for him this year, but that's just not possible. I would also be very happy just making him a max offer outright this summer so we can pair him with Dirk for the next couple of years.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote