View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #2693
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It isn't gonna be a championship team, mostly because there are better teams than when we won it all a few years ago. But, it will be an exciting team to watch no doubt. I can't wait and I hope we stay injury free all season.
I beg to differ.
The run the mavs had in 2011 was absolutely incredible. The only weak opponent has to be a at that time fed up and washed up lakers team which didn t get better the last two seasons (to their defense: they had huge injury problems in 2012/13). Portland had its strongest season, and i do not think that OKC actually played that much better in 2012 than in 2011. (I am not taking last season into account because of westbrooks injury)
Miami was the only team that actually became better over the last two seasons, although i still can not believe that OKC (mainly harden) sucked so bad against them. And they for sure looked vulnerable in both championship runs.
So to sum it up: the Mavs beat a red hot Portland, a washed up LA, an awesome talented OKC and MIA the team that won it all the following two seasons. The way to the mountaintop was as hard as it can get, imho.

What teams do we have now, that are actually considered to be really good let alone title contenders?
Houston - really good; probably contender
LA Clippers - really good; contender??
Nets - really good; contender??
GSW - really good; contender??
OKC - really good; contender
MIA - really good; contender
SA - really good; contender?
CHI - really good; probably contender
MEM - really good; contender??

I think i am already using a wide definition of "contender", but if you think i missed some mentionable team, please feel free to add it to the list. : )
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote