View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #2729
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
caught with is one thing, but being from AZ, I've heard about a lot of knuckle-headed things he's done. Some of which involved drugs, some involved alcohol and some were just incredible stupidity-- the kind that Lamar Odom showed when he was here (when he was on drugs). The Suns busted buns to cover for him despite it, but their line from the presser was very telling,

"We worked hard to devote ourselves to Michael’s sucess but we have to maintain the standards to build a championship culture" [sic]

So when we hear reports of near-DUIs, drug interventions and other things in the local blogosphere and hear reports like that, it does look bad. I won't say it's heroin or hard drugs, but the dude has a substance abuse problem that is somewhere between Josh Howard's stoned apathy and Lamar Odom's flat-out self-destructive tendencies.
Yeah, it's not quite clear what drugs were actually found in his car. He was arrested on "suspicion" of possession of marijuana, and the article I read said they found narcotics, but they didn't specify if the narcotics were pot. If it was weed rather than some other drug, I would think that he would be charged with possession rather than suspicion. Maybe they can't charge him with possession of the other substance because the reason he was searching the car was for the weed he smelled.

From USA today:
"The most recent legal issue intervened and that was the end of it," Babby said, referring to the Aug. 6 arrest on suspicion of marijuana possession after the officer smelled marijuana in his car on a traffic stop. Scottsdale police found narcotics in the driver's seat area of Beasley's vehicle.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote