View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Its way too early to be worried about this in the 1st pre-season game. Coaches learn nothing about the team by watching Dirk shoot, and that is what is most important in the early stages of camp...figuring out who can contribute and who deserves a roster spot. I liked seeing Dirk hanging out on the perimeter. Teams will have to put someone pretty big out there with him, or risk watching him rain 3's all night. When they do that, it opens up the middle for Monta to slash, and for him to dish to guys like Brandon. This can add a year to Dirk's career, and leave him fresh to destroy defenders when needed. As long as Ellis avoids taking bad shots, I'm okay with him taking more shots. He just need to realize that there are plenty of other scorers on this team. If he passes effectively, he's a Most Improved player candidate. wouldn't that be sweet?
I honestly expect Dirk to have a decent shooting % until he retires, but IMO, he's about done dominating and destroying defenders as he pleases, or as he used to. He doesn't have the legs and mobility anymore. Obviously he is gonna have many games that he plays well but less and less he will be able to take over like the old, hungry Dirk did. It's a sad fact of life and age, but I believe it's upon us already as opposed to those who think it's a cpl years down the road.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote