View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #106
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Ellis looked Dirk's way more than Calderon did. Ellis has made more passes to Dirk in the preseason than Mayo did all last year. Ellis has a knack so far of penetrating off of Dirk (or another player) and probing the lane and when the defense converges he kicks it back to Dirk for a nice jumper.

Ellis needs to not take 3s. When he realizes that he no longer has to take poor shots because he will get a ton off open looks from Dirk... his efficiency should go up tremendously.

Harper the other night made the comment about Calderon shooting the 3 when he should have thrown it back in to Dirk who had Parsons on him. I'd like to see Calderon make it a point to feed Dirk more. Last night I didn't see it at all, hopefully it was just a one game thing......
I agree entirely Ellis needs to be conservative shooting 3's. However, he still needs to take the open shot if he has it. If your talking about the Houston game, the team started kinda cold so Calderon took things into his own hands. Gotta consider 1 of Calderon's goals in the first was off an assists by Dirk and IIRC he set Dirk up twice and Dirk missed the shot. still need to see a little more, but wasn't this their first game together? Let's see what happens tonight.