View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Yes if you didn't know the history of either player and put the tapes in from the first two games then you'd say Monta is the teams best player. Dirk isn't the same guy we've all known. I'm not disrespecting Dirk in anyway shape or form. I understand he's the greatest mav ever and probably will be for another 30 years. I'm just stating the fact he's not the same guy.
Your argument simply has no merit (nor apparent clarity). Are you asserting Ellis could be the best Mav on the team, or that Dirk isn't the same player as prime Dirk? If it's the latter, well...yes...and grass is green. Regardless, Dirk is still, and will be all year, a better player than Monta Ellis. That's simply not debatable.

Even taking the silly sample size of two games, Dirk has still quite easily been the best Mav. Through 2 games:

Dirk: 24.3 PER, 136 ORtg, 114 DRtg, .275 WS/48

Ellis: 21.2 PER, 102 ORtg (awful), 106 DRtg, 0.99 WS/48

In Dirk's "down year" last year, his PER was still better than ANY of Ellis' years.

After the all-star break last year (once finally healthy), Dirk put up a rather insane line of: 19/8/3/1/1 on 51/43/91 shooting. He was arguably the best PF in the NBA after the break.

So again, no, Ellis is by no definition of the word the Mavs' best player.

Last edited by GhostOfAdamMorrison; 11-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote