View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #48
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I do think his passing is a positive for a shooting guard, but not overwhelmingly so to the point that he can afford to going back to being a 20 point a game scorer on 50% TS%. If that's where we end up, he's not worth the $8 mil/year contract in my book.
I don't disagree with the argument that 50% true shooting would be a disappointment, but that's a good bit below his career average, so I don't and haven't seen that as a particularly likely outcome for him. His career numbers are just a little under 20 points and 5 assists per 36, with 52.7% true shooting. To me, particularly given the team's need for a second scorer to take some pressure off Dirk, that would be worth 8 million.