View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #130
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I think it would be wise if we all would give this team more time before we start jumping to conclusions. Dirk has always been, foremost, a team player. He has something like 9 new teammates. This game was very close until the last minute or so. Dirk and the Mavs are still trying to find out who they are and what works best.

In 2011, Dirk knew he was option 1a, b and c. Right now, he, Carlisle, and the rest of the team are just trying to figure out what is what. I pretty much like what I see with this mix of talent. I think when this group develops some chemistry -- with perhaps a tweak or two before the trade deadline -- they could cause some problems for some of the best teams in the league.

I guess I don't see what most are seeing as far as drop off for Dirk. Maybe I'm a homer, but the guy looks to be moving fine to me. I just think he is by nature a player that allows the pecking order of a team to develop naturally. By the end of the season, I'm pretty sure he'll be back to being at least option 1a and 1b when it comes to crunch time.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote