Thread: PGT: Chokers
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
This. And exactly what Cuban said before was the worst place to be. Yet here we are.
The difference being that we finally have some nice pieces.
Dalembert, Blair and Wright will be a nice bigs rotation all on team friendly contracts. Add a legit starting Center next season and Dalembert goes from being average/mediocre starter to excellent backup ala Brendon Haywood(only paid half as much)
Trix, VC and Dirk's contracts are all expiring creating huge cap room.

Monta and Jose and Devin are on relatively fair deals. Shane Larkin, last nights meltdown withstanding, looks like at the very least a good rotation player and potentially valuable trade chip. Even Mekel has proven to be a good signing. I think we'll see Ellington moved if possible after the deadline so as to have even more room this summer. Ellington is really the only offseason move thus far that wasn't a "hit" and it isn't exactly a team crippling miss.

I think the MBT has rebounded about as well as they could all things considered. I mean we all wish that the Odom fiasco could've been undone.
It has hindered any slim chance we may've had of trading for another difference maker.

Hindsight being 20/20 they should've started stripping down even further post championship and acquired as many draft picks and cheap young assets as possible. Obviously the pick to LA-OKC for Odom hurts flexibility and there may have been an opportunity or two missed to acquire extra picks. More cap room could've been left to absorb contracts last season instead of signing the likes of Mike James. Otherwise considering that we missed out on Harden, Dwight Howard, CP3 etc. we're in about as good a place as can be expected
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote