View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #110
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Donnie is the international bball genius folks. Also a highly respected draft guru as well.
I pointed this out in last nights GDT but the irony is this past draft was the one where they should've gone for the high upside prospect. In a weak draft why not swing for the fences? At the very least stash a guy like the Greek Freak in Europe for a year and save money that way instead of having to trade down and give players away. Oh well, at least the Spurs didnt somehow find a way to move up for him.

I wish that we were privy to some of the "war room" decision making. It seems like Larkin, Crowder, Sarge are Carlisle "underdog" type players. We know MCW was at the top of their board and supposedly a deal was in place to move at some point if a player slipped one more spot. Also from I can recall the scouting department has been largely unchanged for going on a decade.

One of the reasons everyone was so excited about Rosas-- a fresh set of eyes seems sorely needed. At least talent evaluation wise. Terrence Jones was picked by Houston(while Rosas was there) one pick after ours. He's a legit player and trade piece who hasnt turned 22 yet. Cunningham, Crowder and Sarge all look like busts, though Cunningham could still do something. And anyway you look at that Cunningham deal was slightly embarassing. Having to move down 2 spots and give a 2nd rd. pick just for the privilege of disposing of the previous year's 1st rd. pick. Geeez...

Larkin and Crowder seem like nice hard-working guys and there is value in that for sure. Its just that they're both most likely limited to being 8-9th men types due to physical limitations. MBT has been great at identifying players whose perceived value is low around the league like Brandon Wright, Tyson, Bass. Heck, even Monta

I trust them to get it right in free agency and the trade market. Just seems like drafting one or two difference makers every decade or so is a tough way to get it done. For proof look no further than the Bucks
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote