View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #164
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
This is how I felt during the 2006 Finals tbqh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfdwK-IC6M
This is how you'll be able to tell if the NBA is serious about acknowledging officiating errors, or if David Stern was just goosing Cuban and the Mavericks on his way out the door.

If the NBA is serious about acknowledging officiating mistakes, they will admit that no foul should have been called, suspend the referee who called the utterly bogus phantom foul on Noah, and fine him an equivalent amount to what Noah was fined. Or at least make him refund half or Noah's $15,000.

If Noah had strangled that referee (and I was kinda hoping he would), I would not have penalized him.

That kind of call totally degrades the integrity of the NBA, and when you've seen it often enough and you know that certain officials are baiting certain players, you realize just how much theater, fraud and manipulation is going on. It's really muted a lot of my interest in pro ball over the years.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote