View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #290
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< If Jordan had hit that last shot then we would have lost in the SAME EXACT WAY as the Minnesota game. If Finley was the goat in that situation then why isn't Dirk held to the same standards? >>

No one will answer this honestly MFFL.

And Dirk took that shot with just over 6 seconds left. Not 4 seconds as some are trying to point out. I have the game on tape and have watched it a couple times. The announcer even says Dirk for three with 6 seconds left. If he would have made it, there would have been even more time left on the clock. But, he missed and the Wizards were left with 2.6 seconds left to win the game. Fortunately for us, Jordan missed.

Finley (Minnesota game) took his open shot (in fact, him and Dirk's shot were almost identical. 3-pointer on the left side) with just over 8 seconds left. I went back to the gamethread to verify. Unfortunately for us, Wally hit his game winner.

Yet, Dirk is excused for it, whereas Finley is not.

Same thing even happened in the Milwaukee game. Nash took that running 3-pointer like 3 feet behind the line with 20 seconds left. When I pointed out how stupid that was, I was told that's Nash's shot. Um, ok.

Finley gets the offensive rebound and shoots it with like 10 seconds left. Was fouled, but no call. Game over.

Nash took some heat for that last shot in the Milwaukee game, but nothing like Fin had in the Minnesota game.