View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 11:43 AM   #303
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

MFF said that Finley's shot in Minnesota was taken with 8 seconds left. This is incorrect. The 'Wolves got the ball back with 8 seconds left after it bounced over the backboard. Finley actually took the shot with about 11 or 12 seconds. Everybody in the building was aware of the strategy but Finley. It was a major screw up. Also, it was likely that Fin would miss that shot anyways. He just doesn't make those threes at the end of the game anymore for some reason.

Dirk's situation was slightly different. It was stunning to see Dirk miss that clutch shot yesterday. He always makes clutch buckets and when that shot left his hands you could almost book it(my nickname). But since he missed that shot I guess it would have been better to drive to the hoop and draw a foul. I would have been sick it the Mavs would have lost on Jordan's last second shot.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote