View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #3809
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
So many incredible moments. I often think back to 2006 and how good he was during that post season. It still hurts to this day that The Mavs didn't win it that year. So beautiful that they won it against Miami five years later.

But to me Dirk was maybe even better in 2006 than 2011. Of course he was such a true leader and clutch during the championship run. But in 2006 he was aggressive and really pumped. I don't know if you agree, but he was kinda in his own zone in 2011, but in 2006 he celebrated and really showed his emotions.

I actually still think that game 7 against the Spurs was his greatest individual moment. It was such an emotional night for me personally and love to watch every piece of tape there is of that game. On Youtube there is a pretty decent mix of Duncan vs. Dirk in game 7. Such a great moment when he scores that one basket and gets fouled during the first half, 55-36 or something similar. Josh H and Devin were also very pumped and I just loved the celebration when Dirk screams his lungs out after the basket.

There's also one brilliant mix-tape of Dirk called Dirk Nowitzki playoff hero. It features the 2006 play offs. The music and footage is just fantastic. Too bad the poster didn't do one of the championship run.
Totally agree about 2006. 2011 was wonderful, and though it was vindication in a way I still feel sick when I think about 2006. The tragic nature of how it concluded obviously contributes to that as well. In interviews Dirk still talks about it, and you better believe he thinks about it every day. It's human nature to remember our greatest failures over the successes (especially when they are shrouded in the controversy of the 2006 Finals).

So happy to see how appreciated he is now though. You'll be hard pressed to find experts who don't shower Dirk with praise, and I find it is usually from the most knowledgeable of writers (Zach Lowe in particular seems to love discussing the big fella).

It will be hard not to shed a tear or two when he hangs them up.

EDIT: Screw it I'm posting it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

Last edited by CanadianMavsFan; 04-10-2014 at 05:34 PM.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote