View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #108
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I find this argument pretty interesting, because I actually agree that Monta is largely overrated by the Mav fanbase. However, almost all of the "overratedness" stems from his really poor defense, which people are less prone to really pay attention to. Other than his very questionable decision making late in close games, I have no idea how anyone could describe his offense as "average" or anything close to it.
Is Monta overrated by the Mavs fanbase? Seems like most of us defend him from being constantly underrated, rather than actually overrating him... His lack of defense seems to be pretty common knowledge, despite ranking 11th league-wide in steals. And I doubt anyone would be surprised to find out that he commits more turnovers per game than all but 9 players in the league.

But there's still a perception by some folks that he's a malcontent chucker, and that's just entirely off base.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote