View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #325
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< So your saying Dirk has hit more clutch buckets for us than Nick Van Exel? Or are you saying that Dirk has hit more clutch buckets for his career than Fin or Nash? Both are wrong.

FFM, who would you rather take a wide open three at the end of the game....Finley, Dirk, Nash, or NVE? The only reason Dirk doesn't do it more often is because he is instantly double teamed because other teams just won't let Dirk beat them. Late in games, I would take Dirk first, followed by NVE, and with Nash and Finley last. Nash and Finley just don't seem to get it done late in games. Actually, I would take Dirk by a wide margin over NVE provided they have the same shot.
>>

I was replying to your post saying you have watched Dirk through his years as a Mav and said that he has hit more clutch shots than any other Mav and that is not true unless you became a Dirk or Mavs fan this year. If you haven't noticed this season we haven't been in late game situations as much as the previous years. Which results into Fin and Nash not hitting as many clutch buckets as they use to. I don't think you understand what clutch is. Clutch is hitting a basket when the basket is needed. Clutch is hitting a basket that if you miss will cost you the game. Do I want Dirk taking the last shot of the game? Sure why not. Do I mind if Fin, Nash or Nick take the last jumper? Nope. But this question still remains &quot; Why eat everyone but Dirk alive for making a mistake&quot;?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote