View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #3884
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I for one definitely think they would have. Obviously Cuban/Donnie would have had to get a defensive minded 2/3/5 on the team. But I see no reason a Nash/dirk led team wouldn't have won it all.

They would have had to get rid of Nellie for sure. And hopefully not hire the idiot Avery but that's another story. So many moving parts if Nash didn't leave.
I think they would have won a title or two together. They just needed some better role players and a legit center. Over the last 15 yrs or so, the only great (mostly because he played so well together with Dirk) center we had was Chandler, and he was probably too good for us so we had to let him go (jeez, I still can't believe we didn't keep him.)

Tyson Chandler was the perfect fit.

Better than:

Calvin Booth
Shawn Bradley
Samuel Dalembert
Erick Dampier
DeSagana Diop
Evan Eschmeyer
Brendan Haywood
Ryan Hollins
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Bernard James