View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 PM   #342
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I know which play was more stupid but I don't get how they both weren't stupid. >>

FFM I get what you're saying. Jumping off a 30 ft cliff or jumping off a 50 ft cliff with sharp rocks at the bottom of each is stupid. Sure the jumping off the 50 ft cliff is more stupid, but that doesn't make jumping off the 30 ft cliff smart.

Both Dirk and Fin made stupid mental mistakes. They both took ill advised shots in the closing seconds of a tied game which resulted in the other team unecessarily getting getting a final shot to win the game. We weren't lucky in Fin's game and were lucky in Dirk's game. In both cases we had more than enough time to get a better shot than a 3 pointer. In both cases it would have been better to take no shot than to take the shot taken.

Fin's situation was a little easier for a player to discern the correct choice to make and Fin took his shot with much more time left on the clock. However both shots were stupid mental mistakes.

However, I don't want to get rid of either Fin or Dirk because of these. And let's remember, that SheWebb holds the alltime record for stoopid mental mistakes in clutchtime. Can we all say &quot;Time Out!!!&quot; together please.