View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #116
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If people are concerned that Deng was just a product of Thibodeau's system, then I don't see why he can't be that for Carlisle's system. Deng is a two way player. He may not be a great offensive or defensive player, but he has a pretty good all-around game when he gets going and is healthy. I have some reservations about him as well, but damn, we gotta sign somebody.

Seems like opinions are all over the place. Most of us would agree that this is a make or break summer still...no? You gotta go after somebody so Melo, Deng, Gasol, Pierce, Monroe, Gortat, Ariza...def have prioritize who you're going to construct your team with.

I know he isn't too popular around here, but I'd still take a hard, long look at Monroe. Young bigs with his talent rarely come along. And even though he isn't ideal defensively next to Dirk, he would be a guy who you could build around more long term. Plus, we'd still have Dalembert for defense. I think about it this way...if we had Monroe versus the Spurs, do we win that series? What about Deng? I do think that is how the FO has to think. What players would be needed to beat the Spurs and/or Thunders of the world.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-14-2014 at 04:54 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote