View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #191
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If the Pau rumors are true i think they want to add in the "No Melo" scenario the SF (Deng, i still think its pretty much a lock as our main realistic target) and big (who is able to backup Dirk 20min) via FA and another big center name via trade.

Pretty much like the McRoberts plan i had.

Deng 10-11m
Harris 3m
Dirk 8-10m
Pau 7m (or McRoberts for less)

And then Chandler/Hibbert/Asik via Wright/Ellington/Larkin/future 1st. But still think Morey wont trade him to Dallas, no way. Only way if its a huge multi-team trade allowing them to dump Lin and sign a big name.

We wont go after Lowry too. Calderon/Harris/Ellis..we wont blow 10-11m on Lowry instead of blowing it for a center/big.
For 7m per year I could see Gasol being a good value. I think he will probably command as much as 9-10 mill per year though, and for that price I would much rather make a push for a Parsons. Heck, honestly I would rather just take a swing for Stephenson.

Right now I am just rooting for Melo, Lebron, or any other "superstar" to go to the Rockets. Honestly I have no faith in their ability to win a championship, and I would absolutely love the chance at getting Parsons for the next 4 years. Asik would be a great addition to our team, but like others have said.. I seriously doubt they would be willing to trade to us.

Honestly, I am really hoping the Gasol rumur doesn't not come to fruition. We need defense in the post if we want to contend for a championship... if we add Deng, Parsons, or even Ariza to the 3 spot OFFENSE will not be an issue. There are so many interesting possibilities for this off season... if we walked away with a Calderon/Ellis/Deng/Dirk/Gasol staring lineup with Harris, Crowder, Carter, and Delembert off the bench I would be disappointed. That lineup would give us zero defense, no building blocks for the future, and a marginally increased chance at winning a title. I understand why everyone was excited with the way we pushed the Spurs in the playoffs, but people need to remember that we BARELY made the playoffs.. and I mean barely. Dirk is NOT going to play any better than last year. If we want to comfortably make the playoffs next year (not 6-8 seed) we need to find a way to increase our wins by 5-6 next year while dropping Dirk's minutes.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote