View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #32
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
For 7m per year I could see Gasol being a good value. I think he will probably command as much as 9-10 mill per year though, and for that price I would much rather make a push for a Parsons. Heck, honestly I would rather just take a swing for Stephenson.

Right now I am just rooting for Melo, Lebron, or any other "superstar" to go to the Rockets. Honestly I have no faith in their ability to win a championship, and I would absolutely love the chance at getting Parsons for the next 4 years. Asik would be a great addition to our team, but like others have said.. I seriously doubt they would be willing to trade to us.

Honestly, I am really hoping the Gasol rumur doesn't not come to fruition. We need defense in the post if we want to contend for a championship... if we add Deng, Parsons, or even Ariza to the 3 spot OFFENSE will not be an issue. There are so many interesting possibilities for this off season... if we walked away with a Calderon/Ellis/Deng/Dirk/Gasol staring lineup with Harris, Crowder, Carter, and Delembert off the bench I would be disappointed.
LeBron/Melo joining Houston won't really impact their ability to re-sign Parsons because his cap hold is so small, less than $2M. Assuming they can trade Asik/Lin for no salary (which I think will be relatively easy to do), they'd have to be really foolish and irresponsible with the rest of their cap space to price themselves out of a quality FA signing and Parsons. Unless their owner refuses to pay the luxury tax.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote