View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #197
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
LeBron/Melo joining Houston won't really impact their ability to re-sign Parsons because his cap hold is so small, less than $2M. Assuming they can trade Asik/Lin for no salary (which I think will be relatively easy to do), they'd have to be really foolish and irresponsible with the rest of their cap space to price themselves out of a quality FA signing and Parsons. Unless their owner refuses to pay the luxury tax.
Can you explain this to me? I guess I just dont know how the RFA works... I thought since they were declining Chandler Parsons option, he comes a restricted free agent and thus we can offer him whatever we want and the only way they can keep him is if they match. If we offer him 4/50 .. how could they afford to keep him and sign a "superstar" free agent?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote