View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #183
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Well, Parsons is a decent player, but 15 million per year? That's way too much. I know that sometimes you have to overpay players, but this is beyond any reasonable way of thinking. I hope Houston matches the offer. Would like to have him here, but not for this price.
I think one thing you have to understand is with the new cba and the continued rise in the salary cap, 15 million this year is much different than 15 million in 2 years. Is it overpaying? Sure, but if everyone is willing to overpay then you have to do something to acquire talent. The key is to make sure the talent is the right kind of talent. Personally I think Stephenson is looking like a really nice value. But his character questions are the highest I have seen in quite awhile. Personally I would much rather pay a 25 year old like Parsons 15 million than a 30+ Carmelo 21 million.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote