View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #409
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Its Dirk's final years, he signed a hometown discount to finish out his career. He deserves players around him to make a run. Which is why Im hung up on getting a big FA. The patchwork MBT does after a star spurns them is more or less acceptable for a team that isnt in win now mode. But the Mavs are in win now mode.

Once Dirk retires, it will not be such a big deal in my eyes, because I wont be expecting to compete for the West year in and year out.
Look we are most likely going to have a roster surrounding Dirk in his final 3 years that gives us 50+ wins a season and alllows us to attempt to make a run in the playoffs. We most likely won't steam roll through the regular season like OKC, LAC, or Houston, but I think against any of those teams we will be able to give them a run in the playoffs. Personally, I don't think the Spurs are going to be an issue going forward for us as currently constructed. If they land someone like Gasol then it could be an issue. I think pending how this roster rounds out we will easily be better than Memphis, Portland, Golden State, Phoenix, and Golden State. We fixed our biggest issue already with the Calderon trade for Chandler.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote