View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #416
martimccall

martimccall is infamous around these partsmartimccall is infamous around these partsmartimccall is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
To be perfectly honest I don't think the Mavs have a philosophy about building a team other than "be opportunistic". How can you have a plan if you blow off the draft for example? The only thing they really have going for,them for the last 16 years or so has been the dirkster. Jkiddo and the addition of Caron/Haywood/Stevenson was a good move. But again it was just a move.

Undersized centers, ridiculous draft flyers, undersized guards, guards who can't shoot. I mean really. Donnie/Cuban can make trades for sure, but a philosophy... Maybe since Carlisle is here maybe he can impart some, ever since Donnie/Nellie has been running it, I haven't seen much of a philosophy at all, other than sort of fantasy basketball. And tbh I may have more of a philosophy picking my ff football team than I see with the Mavs.
I am tired of the Mavericks Cuban/Nelson just putting together a team to compete not contend. They just "poop" on the draft year after year. Can Carlisle even coach young players?? #honestquestion

Last edited by martimccall; 07-11-2014 at 01:58 PM.
martimccall is offline   Reply With Quote