View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Are these requirements even valid if they bar Tony Parker and Carmelo from the conversation?
That's a good point. You could definitely make a case for Parker or Carmelo over some of the guys on Jay's list. That being said though, I think his list is spot on. Mine is identical to his. Thinking about this brings me couple of random thoughts-

1- Shaq at his peak eats Duncan for breakfast. Seriously, I don't think they're even close. I think only argument for Duncan being a better player is that he has greater longevity, and better work ethic.

2- Damn, I really, really, really miss Iverson. He was one of the players that reignited my passion for the NBA after I stopped caring in the mid-late 90's. I know how polarizing he is, and I know all the clichés people throw out to knock him- selfish, ballhog, thug, volume shooter, never won a championship etc... I won't deny that some of that reputation is fair, but I always thought it was WAY overblown. And it doesn't change the fact that he was just flat-out incredible. Hate him all you want, but he deserved every career accolade he got and every bit of his status as an icon.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote