View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That's a good point. You could definitely make a case for Parker or Carmelo over some of the guys on Jay's list. That being said though, I think his list is spot on. Mine is identical to his. Thinking about this brings me couple of random thoughts-

1- Shaq at his peak eats Duncan for breakfast. Seriously, I don't think they're even close. I think only argument for Duncan being a better player is that he has greater longevity, and better work ethic.

2- Damn, I really, really, really miss Iverson. He was one of the players that reignited my passion for the NBA after I stopped caring in the mid-late 90's. I know how polarizing he is, and I know all the clichés people throw out to knock him- selfish, ballhog, thug, volume shooter, never won a championship etc... I won't deny that some of that reputation is fair, but I always thought it was WAY overblown. And it doesn't change the fact that he was just flat-out incredible. Hate him all you want, but he deserved every career accolade he got and every bit of his status as an icon.
I would not say "Shaq in his prime would eat Duncan for breakfast", are you forgetting Tim Duncan was killing the NBA with 2 MVPs while Shaq was in his prime. Tim Duncan became a monster in the NBA in 1999, since then, the rest is history, 2 league MVPs, 6 Western Conference Titles, 5 NBA Championships, 3 finals MVPs, need I say more? LMAO
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote