View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Are these requirements even valid if they bar Tony Parker and Carmelo from the conversation?
Yeah, if I'm putting together an All-2000's team that can stay healthy enough to get through an 82-game slog and still be versatile enough to dominate in the playoffs, I'd probably roll with the following 10-man lineup:

Kidd/Parker
Kobe/Wade
LeBron/Pierce
Dirk/Garnett
Shaq/Duncan

I'm not talking about the 10 best, nor does position on the depth chart determine who's better - this is mostly about fit... Everything from spacing to defense counts (that's why guys like Amare and Nash aren't listed), as well as health and durability (hence, no Yao or McGrady). Playoff experience/success also factor into the mix, which is why Pierce edges out Carter... And, finally, some guys just don't make the cut because they have what I view as fatal flaws in their game compared to the players I listed (AI being undersized, Bosh being good, but not great, at everything).

Just my preference, but I think this combination beats any other 2000's 10-man squad that you can put on the floor... Especially if you have Pop as their head coach.

EDIT: I am tempted to replace Wade with Allen, just because the 3-point shooting in that second unit is lacking, but I can't - too much of a gulf in overall talent, especially with Allen's game dropping off in 07-08.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-10-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote