View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #3428
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I have to admit that a lineup of Ellis/Aminu/Parsons/Wright/Chandler would be fun to watch at times. Plenty of defense and just enough offense considering our defense would probably create a lot of fast breaks.

We'll need Aminu to get more than 10mpg or we will struggle on defense.
Ellis/Aminu/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler would be pretty balanced in crunch time.
1) Ellis/Aminu/Parsons/Wright/Chandler would be awful defensively and offensively. Sure it'd have size, but Ellis isn't stellar defensively and I don't think i'd want to see Parsons at 6'9" or Aminu at 6'10" guarding a quick 6'4" guard. Also, that lineup would struggle with three-point shooting to spread the floor. Parsons at 36% and Ellis at 33% are both decent when the floor is spread, but arent a threat enough to keep the floor spread.

2) I think you'll be surprised what kind of team defense we can muster just with Chandler guarding the middle and a decent team-defensive scheme by Carlisle. I think individual defensive strength is massively overrated compared to defensive strategies. There is a reason Spurs players all look either good or average and then look like crap on other teams. There's also very little room in the NBA for one-way guys. Dalembert was our best defensive player last year and he was still a net negative, because his defensive game was so limited. Our defense will be fine without Aminu and Aminu's relative lack of offense will limit his minutes severely. My guess is that he'll see about 7mpg in about 45GP
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote