View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #3435
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I see Parsons taking Carter's place but in a bigger role and Aminu taking Marion's place but in a lesser role.
I am excited by the array of bodies Carlisle now has at his disposal. We have 2 full sized centers now, instead of a shorty and a string bean. But he also has the opportunity to put Wright in, and possibly force some teams to bench a big 5 who can't keep up with him. All of this year's 5's are more mobile than Dalembert

At the 4, instead of having to use Marion when Dirk rests, he can choose offense with Parsons or defense with Aminu, or slide Wright in there to run pick and rolls with Harris...in fact our top 4 guards are all pretty good at the PnR.

Last season, with the exception of the occaisional scoring blast from Blair or Wright, both the 4 and 5 were offensive black holes when Dirk went to the bench, and the 3 wasn't much better. Now, all of our 5's can at least catch and finish, so they will have to be defended. Parsons brings more scoring to the 3 and the backup 4, where his backup is an elite defender.

I can't wait to see how the pieces mesh.