View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Mekel. I think he has a much higher ceiling than Sarge, but in terms of roster composition, I would want to make sure that there's no scenario in which we have to rely on CV at center. I would much rather have Sarge around in case two of Chandler/Wright/Smith are out, so we at least have some sort of contingency plan that involves a guy who can hit somebody and rebound.

And I will say, too, that I'm softening on the idea of CV joining the squad but I think he needs to be a very specifically situational player. Not a primary backup of even third-string PF (Dirk/Aminu/Wright, with the primary backup rotating according to the opponent) if everyone is healthy. More of a guy who suits up when the opponent dictates or if the 13 or so guys ahead of him have any sort of injury. And even then he just isn't a guy I'm very confident seeing playing a big role based on his production and effort over the past 5-6 years. I'm sure that if/when he makes the team (and I'm fully convinced that he will), Rick is going to coax every last bit of productivity out of him, but I really hope that he isn't a guy the Mavs keep around because they feel like he should be Dirk's backup and playing like 15 minutes per game.

Last edited by spreedom; 10-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote