View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I'm sorry but anyone saying they'd rather have Mekel over Barea has lost their mind. Barea is clearly the better player with playoff and championship experience. Plus he has a great relatiobship with Carlisle and Dirk. I'm not saying everyone should be jumping for joy over this signing, but it's a clear upgrade. Mekel may be younger but we're in win now mode, and Barea gives us the best chance to win NOW.
Thing is, I think Mekel is at his peak. He's only a second year guy in the NBA, but he's reached 90% of his potential. He's a good defender and playmaker with good size for the PG spot. He's just slow on the drive and can't slash very well.

JJB on the other hand is short and can't run an offense, but he is a tremendous player off the drive, particularly when Ellis is sitting and we've seen the team go completely flat without a quick guard to confuse the opposing defense. We've already seen our team go cold when against a zone defense and Ellis isn't in to break it.

Anyway, I like getting JJB, but I think people are just underestimating Mekel's development. He's not a highschool prospect-- he's a 26-year-old who has reached most of his potential. The only limiting factors for him are shooting (which he's working on) and athleticism (which may never come)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-27-2014 at 05:21 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote