View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #21
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
haven't had the chance to watch Aminu much... how's his foot speed/quicks? He's been touted as a semi-replacement for Marion... big shoes to fill. Marion has been able to effectively guard anywhere from the 1 to 4 including chasing tony parker around. Seems like he'd be able to keep up with Kobe but wondering if he's got the quicks to guard pg's in the NBA.
Shawn, when he was younger, had uncommonly good reflexes, even relative to other world class athletes, and that's something I don't think Aminu can match. What Aminu does have is length, and while that will allow him to recover against speed when other players can't, I don't see him as a guy you want to put on PGs or fast SGs. I also think he probably needs more experience before he can really be considered a go-to defender even against bigger SFs or rangey PFs. His calling card is still that of an energy guy who can just come out and make plays and generally affect the game in positive ways. In that respect he's a lot like Brewer. Jae's still the team's best perimeter defender, for my money.