View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
johneric8

johneric8 is a jewel in the roughjohneric8 is a jewel in the roughjohneric8 is a jewel in the roughjohneric8 is a jewel in the roughjohneric8 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneric8 View Post
I never post, but have always followed this board but I just have to say many of you are so full of it I can't believe it...... The year of the mavs championship season there were so many of you hatin on Barea, and I even commented on how much I thought it could help this team.. It was obvious to me that he was a baller and could really help! The naysayers wanted to ship him out just like they do now... Haven't you learned anything? The guy has skills when motivated and playing with the right people.. He has those intangibles that can't be taught.. Having this kid on the team is a huge upgrade and I would venture to say he is going to do incredible things for this team this year... Those of you doubting him have seriously short memories...
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Be honest Mavs fans. JJB was never a great player for us except in the 2011 playoffs. We ended up playing 2 teams that did not have anyone quick enough to cover him. He killed the Lakers because Derrick Fisher was 40 years old. Before that he was mostly inconsistent. I love him because without him, we don't win the championship. Starting him against Miami was one of the riskiest, smartest coaching moves in an NBA Finals of my lifetime, and I turn 60 today.

But do I expect him to be a lot of help now, when all the teams we need to beat are stocked with young, quick guards? Not really. If Carlisle wants him, I'm ok with it, but its not like I'm jumping for joy.
how do you feel now about jjb buddy? please ellaborate.
johneric8 is offline   Reply With Quote