View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Ok. Let's be honest here, without this trade the Mavs would be the #6 or #7 team in the West and get bounced in the first round. There's no guarantee that the Rondo thing is going to work this year (or at all), but Dirk didn't take a pay cut to be part of a #6 or #7 team.

Rondo hasn't had jack to play for and the Celtics franchise put nothing around him. This reminds me of Ellis playing for the Bucks. Let's see what Rondo does in this system, with this cast, this owner and this coach.

If we were sitting at #1 or #2 in the west and we were 5-0 against the top 8 teams, then maybe I'd be nervous about this move. Truth is that we are #6 and 0-5 against the best in the west. That makes me nervous. We did something about it. If it doesn't work out then oh well. It's a risk worth taking. Cuban owes it to Dirk.

If it works out, the only ones that will be nervous are the people that have to play against us.
I'm not saying that he won't be better ... Just saying that he has to be better for this to work out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote