View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #146
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Rondo and Dirk and Kidd

I've read a lot of Rondo hate in the wake of this trade, especially in regard to his free throw % and 3 pt %. I can't forget what he did to get the Celtics to two championship games--the same Dirk has gotten to, with the same result--he won one and lost one. He actually is a champion, revered by Celtics fans in much the same way Dirk is revered by Mavs fans. If you have watched him play, you know he has the heart of a champion. That's important. Do you remember Kidd making it to the finals twice as a Net and losing? Obviously that was before the Mavs. Anyone can recognize, though, that Nets wouldn't have made it that far without his leadership. None doubted Kidd's drive and potential before he finally won a championship with the Mavs. Rondo has a "je ne sais quoi". It's what is commonly called an "intangible" in sports. You know it's there. Rondo is a "floor general" in the right way at both ends of the court. He makes his "team" better by his decision making, his effort, and leadership. Put it this way, regardless of record, who would you rather have on the floor with 2 minutes left in a playoff game, Rondo, or any combination of Wright, Crowder, or Nelson? I predict we will all watch in awe not a few playoff games where Rondo's impact is written all over the court.
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote