View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #166
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
After watching some Rondo highlights I expect Tyson to soon average 3 slam dunks off Rondo alley oops per game. Parsons and Dirk will drain open 3s like there is no tomorrow. Not sure about Ellis, though, will probably have to get used to less ball-handling duties.
Rondo is soo good at finding open men, it seems that people almost forget about that fact when talking about all his liabilities. Rondo is a guy that makes other players around him look better. Dirk and Parsons will get good looks while Chandler will get lots of opportunities to dunk and dunk and dunk (unfortunately we are now going to miss Wrights dunking abilities, he would have worked well with Rondo).

Now with that it all comes down to Carlisle whether Rondo and the other Mavs can make use of their full potential. There is no doubt that this roster has an abundance of talent but Rondo doesn't solve all the problems (we still need one or two good defenders) and his inconsistent shooting may add another one. Carlisle needs to adjust his role a little bit to make it work I guess. He can't be as dominant as in Boston where he basically ran the whole offense but has to share some of the ball-handling responsibilities with Ellis (Harris) and Parsons.

I also think adding another great shooter (especially long range) like Allen would be awesome for this team. If you have Rondo or Ellis driving to the basket, with Chandler inside and guys like Dirk, Parsons or Allen at the perimeter... ugh that would be a nightmare for any defense.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote