View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #71
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I was actually pleasantly surprised with rondo. He played really well defensively to my eyes after his first stint. I wasn't entirely certain that version of him was still there. I don't think this game was proof of our offense being worse anymore than a 130 point game would have been proof of it being better. I just didn't think that someone should be screaming that this definitely works after one game where several of the problems people were concerned about were clearly a reality.

That said the backup big spot is going to be an issue. Wright might have had his issues but a 75% shooter with great hands who knows exactly where to be and exactly what he can do who also happens to be a good enough ft shooter that you can't foul him is a huge loss for any offense. And Greg smith doesn't look like an nba player IMO. I'm curious if we can't give some of those minutes to aminu. He's obviously not a five but it's not like he's going to get overpowered anymore than wright did.

Monta was amazing. And I'm not sure what the numbers say but it really feels like he's actually a good spot up three point shooter. Most of his misses seem to be the hero ball off the dribble threes. If that's the case this trade will work out incredibly well.

I think if the rest of the team played an average game tonight, it would have been a blow out.

Yeah, it was only one game, but I just don't see Rondo and Ellis having problems. I think that was tied for the most points Ellis has had as a Mav right? If not the most, it was among the most. The problems I saw last night were that Dirk and Tyson had a couple of crazy Rondo passes that they weren't ready for that lead to turnovers. They need to work on that.

I guess I'm just optimistic that this starting five with that coach will figure it out on the fly. I am also optimistic that we will get JO as our backup center. You really have to put faith in the front office to pull this off. Remember what our starting 5 looked like 2-3 years ago? We've come a long way.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-21-2014 at 12:35 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote