View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #495
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Few things:

1) I don't think any of us who were opposed or lukewarm to the Rondo trade thought we were going to miss Jameer Nelson. Personally speaking, at the time I just thought we might have been better off benching Nelson and giving Harris an expanded role.

2) If you could have assured me at the time of the trade that Rondo hadn't been trying on defense the past couple of years and was still capable of playing defense consistently at an elite level, I would not have had any reservations about the trade.

3) It's true that it's too early to tell, and it might be too early to tell until the post-season and off-season play out. But, the early returns have been about as good as anyone could have hoped.
All well said.

I actually have seen some bellyaching about the loss of Nelson, and I'm absolutely baffled by it, but that's a tiny minority (pretty sure mavsfan1000's guilty) and I appreciate the reasoned perspective from somebody who was on the skeptical side.