View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #517
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
No he doesn't need to hit 3s. What we've lost in offensive efficiency we've made up for with better shots and more possessions because of the pace Rondo has us playing at. Meanwhile we've made enormous strides on defense. Both the numbers and the eyes back this up. Look at what Wall and Westbrook did against then ask yourself could Jameer Nelson do things like deny Westbrook off-ball?

I know you badly want to defend your original position that the trade was a bad idea but honestly there's NOTHING that backs that up. Want to see what a bad move looks like? See Rockets signing Smith.
Our offensive flow was great with Nelson as well. If Rondo can keep up with his defensive effort and shooting, that changes everything. But I need to see more games before declaring the trade a success. The other surprise is how well Smith is backing up Chandler. But I disagree with you on the importance of Rondo's outside shot. We aren't going anywhere if Rondo can't hit the open shot.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote