View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #524
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm by no means agreeing with MavsFan here, but I did want to point out that this isn't strictly true (yet).

Offense is down appreciably since the trade. El is correct that it is trending up over the last three games, but we're certainly not to the point that we can say that there are no more offensive concerns.

But the improvement in defense has been very reassuring, and we don't even have a real backup center yet.
Every team has offensive concerns, but I'm far less concerned with Rondo than I was with Wright/Nelson/Crowder. Each of those guys had a one-dimensional game, whereas Rondo can do all sorts of things to help this team win -- even when his shot isn't falling.

I haven't checked the stats (small sample sizes during transitional periods mean squat), but my eyeballs tell me that our offensive slippage has less to do with Rondo than it does with our bench trying to figure out how to re-tool without Wright.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote