View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #547
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I think his insertion may have hurt us initially on the offensive side, but the last three games we outscored our pre-Rondo average. I think our last three games were 112, 114 and 119. Our pre-Rondo average was like 110. Even the best of the best All Stars are going to need to take a few games to get acclimated, especially when your position is the QB of the team. There's no reason for me to believe that this current team can't keep the average of about 110PPG going. The idea that it's looking like we are going to limit our opponent's PPG even more with the addition of Rondo is encouraging. The fact that in seven games we've shot up three seeds in the West is even more encouraging.
PPG isn't really a valid metric, as it doesn't account for pace. Using Offensive Rate (points per 100 possessions) The OKC game was below average for us, the Washington game was a tiny tick above, and last night was outstanding.

I absolutely agree that it will take time for players to acclimate to each other, and it's entirely possible that our offense will rebound back to its prior levels. But I think that's unlikely, given what we lost in Wright and what Rondo brings to the table.

Agree that the defense is encouraging. It's incredibly encouraging. It's THE reason to be excited about the results of this trade so far.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote