View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #603
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yes, I think so. His longevity puts him ahead of a few guys that had better peaks but shorter careers, in my book. His versatility in his prime, being able to defend PFs and centers is also a big deal.

Its an incredibly subjective argument once you get to the top 10, but I'm pretty sure Duncan goes in my top 5.
Mj and Kareem are a pretty clear cut 1,2 in my opinion(and I can even see an argument for Kareem at 1). Then you have magic and bird who I think are both also pretty clear cut ahead of Duncan. You could maybe argue longevity for putting Duncan over bird, but birds peak was just so great that I can't get there. Then there's Russell and wilt. Shaq was also clearly a better player at his peak and had better durability than I think people remember.

I personally have Duncan behind Hakeem because I think Hakeem was better at literally everything on a basketball court which is rare when comparing great players but i can see the argument in a historical setting for putting Duncan higher.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote