View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #607
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Compared to 94-95 Dream? Probably nothing. But at his peak, Dream was probably the best centre ever, maybe the best player ever. And I don't think I am exagerating.

Compared to the rest of Dream's career I think Duncan was a much more consistent presence in the box, both on offense and defense. Dream's last few years in Houston and Toronto were just comically bad, Duncan is older now than he was during those years and was still the anchor of the Spurs team that just won a championship against a prime LeBron James.
One thing people take for granted about Duncan is how long he's gotten to play non superstar minutes. The last time Duncan avged 35 mpg was the same year we had the antwins. That's crazy. Contrast that with dream who avged nearly 37 mpg in 99 as an old man. Dream was a much better defender(not just shot blocker) for the majority of his career.

I just can't see the logic in saying that 3 years of solid play tacked to the end of an outstanding career outweighs 3 years of crap tacked to the end of the a clearly more outstanding career.

Also if you are using last years title to justify anything for Duncan, Russell has to be higher. Because the spurs title last year was every bit as much of an ensemble title as anything russell did.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote