View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #805
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I really want us to get this PG issue resolved once and for all. Ever since Jason Kidd's departure it seems like its just been one Point Guard after another. Just think of all the guys who we've had out there at PG for the past few years. Guys like Darren Collison, Derek Fisher, Mike James, Jose Calderon, Jameer Nelson, and now Rondo. That's a lot of failed PG experiments in a relatively short time period. When I look at our 2 guard Monta Ellis, I see a guy who is a great scorer but an average defender and average 3-point shooter. So naturally, shouldn't our goal be to compliment him with a PG that is a good shooter from downtown and a good defender? Why has that been so hard for us to find? Calderon last season was a sharpshooter from downtown (45% from 3). However, his defense was poor even though he seemed to be trying his hardest. His defense was what made him a poor fit next to Ellis. This season we got Jameer Nelson, who was a poor defender but also couldn't seem to find his groove on offense. His struggles resulted in him being traded. Now we have Rondo who is a great defender, but poor shooter. So yet again we are left wanting more out of our PG spot. I'm honestly shocked anytime Rondo makes a jumpshot. I've seen numerous players come into this league and not be able to make jumpers in their first few years. However, over time these players have worked hard with their coaches and teammates, and eventually became consistent, reliable shooters. I don't know what I can say about a guy who defenses don't even bother to close out on. What can be said about a PG who can't close out a game for you because he shoots 30% from the foul line? I'm just not sure about Rajon Rondo as a long term solution. I guess time will tell with Rondo, but I just really want stability at our PG spot.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote