Thread: Start Barea
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #55
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
So it's ok to win less. As long as our defense is better? I don't disagree with needing to improve our defense. But why couldn't we get a point guard that could shoot as well and doesn't work against our offense? Shooting is the most important thing in basketball. Teams that are easy to shut down don't go far in the playoffs either. The game plan in the playoffs is have Rondo's defender help out on Dirk, Ellis, or whoever is close by.
Are you still not getting it? We wouldnt have won more with Nelson/Wright/Crowder anyway. We were not on pace for your miraculous 65+ wins season before the trade. Which point guard do you think the Mavs should have traded for? Who else was available? Wherever I look I cant see anybody around the league the mavs wouldve been able to acquire. They got the best available point guard out there, wether he can shoot or not. And so far, the trade is far away from being a failure. We will see in a couple of months. Fact is something had to be done and we werent going anywhere with the pre-trade team, now, its still difficult but not completely impossible to get past the 1st round.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote