View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #40
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Sefko: Like Jagger, timeless All-Star Dirk Nowitzki is back to rock NBA's biggest stage
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...gest-stage.ece

Those four home-court berths in the first round are becoming more and more of a talking point. The West is so competitive that all eight teams that make the playoffs are going to be really good.

At least one veteran observer thinks that makes the home court all the more important, even in a season when road teams are winning at a remarkable rate.

“The only thing that matters in the Western Conference is the top four seeds, because I don’t think any team in the West can win four straight series on the road,” TNT analyst Charles Barkley said. “Every team who makes the playoffs is going to be good. You can’t beat four good teams on the road.”

Nowitzki understands how difficult that would be, which is why he’s going all-in for the second half of the season. Those nights off he took in the first 55 games? Probably not going to happen much anymore, if at all.

From here on, the Mick Jagger of the NBA is ready to rock ’n’ roll.
I like the Mavs' chances in the playoffs more at a 7 or 8 seed on the road with a healthy, rested Dirk and Tyson than as a 4 seed with them tired and aching.
I hope they do take a few games off through the remainder of the season.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote